Initially I thought I would do a top 10 list of things I don't like about traveling for work... because, believe me... I can rattle off that list pretty quick. But the truth is, I work for an amazing company that provides me with a tremendous opportunity to be able to work from home the majority of the time. So, the fact is, I have nothing to complain about, and there are some pretty awesome perks to traveling for work... like...
1) I actually watch the news.
...and listen to it. Only when I'm traveling do I actually watch the morning news... or listen to the radio on my short commute. I mean, heck, I actually watched the Republican debate last night.
2) I eat really, really well.
As in a company steak dinner tonight... woop, woop.
3) I get to see some of my favorite co-workers.
Probably my favorite part of traveling to the office is that I get to see 2 of my favorite girls!
4) I have learned how to pack a suitcase in 30 minutes.
Seriously... I am a packing machine.
5) I actually talk to people during the day.
...instead of my cat. This is pretty exciting for someone that spends the majority of their day working alone.
6) I can shamelessly read my favorite gossip magazine on the airplane.
Usually just People Style Watch... or maybe US Weekly if I'm feeling really scandalous...
7) I have become a master at airport security.
I can go through security with 2 laptops, a giant camera bag, and my ziplock bag of travel-size liquids like nobody's business.
8) I actually read books.
...like full chapters at a time. I just started The Happiness Project on this trip... so far, so good.
9) I know the Atlanta airport like the back of my hand.
I'm pretty sure I could walk from the terminal... to the baggage claim... then to the car rental station... all with my eyes closed.
10) Oh yeah... I get a lot of work done.
I get face-time at the office... with my boss and co-workers... which is always a good thing when you typically work from home.
Linking this up to Oh Amanda.