The Kentucky State Fair is in town this week. Lance and I have said every single year that we've lived here that we are going to go... but we never seemed to make it happen... until this year. The fairgrounds are literally less than 5 miles from our house and this past Friday I was in desperate need of some fried food and cotton candy. So... we met up with some friends of ours and had our first Kentucky State Fair experience. It did not disappoint.
I forgot how awesome the fair was. The lights, the smells, the sounds, the fried food... I mean, really... you can't beat it. A few thoughts on the fair...
1) Corn dogs are a perfectly acceptable dinner.
2) Riding the "scrambler" after above mentioned corn dog dinner is probably not the best idea.
3) Fair games are deceptive.
They always look so easy... but really you're about to drop loads of cash for a giant over-sized sock monkey.
4) And who doesn't need a giant over-sized sock monkey?!?
5) The bigger the beard, the bigger the turkey leg.
Oh, and apparently you can put anything on a stick at the fair. We will pay big money for food on sticks and bonus points if it's fried.
6) Really, anything goes at the fair.
Record size pumpkin?? Yep. Got it.
7) Cotton candy is a non-negotiable.
8) You should never trust a ride that can be completely put up and taken down in only a few hours time by a 16 year old.
9) Unless of course, it's a ferris wheel.
(Actually, I'll be honest here... I rarely follow rule #8... I'm a sucker for a good fair ride.)
10) The view is always better from the top of a ferris wheel.
Have you been to the fair lately? Any of you Kentuckians heading out to the Kentucky state fair this week? If so, be sure to get a corn dog.